For our branches in Braeside (Melbourne), Australia, we are looking for a:
General/Branch Manager (AUSTRALIA/Melbourne)
A multifaceted managerial role who speaks the language of a hard-working medium-sized organiation and aims for the dynamics of an efficient organisation! As a Branch Manager, you are responsible for realisation of the planned objectives of our Australian branch and its commercial activities. In cooperation with the sales team you will drive continuous improvement to ensure consistent quality and yield to meet the demands of the Australian horticulture market. Together with the International Director you will be responsible for sales (within Australia) by developing a winning business- and sales plan. This will result in flawless and focused proposal preparations all together with your team (5 FTE’s).
In a hands-on capacity you will manage all day-to-day activities, working closely with an experienced International Director.
The Branch Manager Australia will also have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise all daily company affairs, including planning, organizing and coordination;
- Responsible for all sales- and marketing related activities concentrated on setting up, maintaining and expanding the sales network;
- Responsible for all operational- and commercial activities of the branch in Australia;
- Responsible for all sales - and marketing related activities concentrated on setting up, maintaining and expanding the sales network;
- You will report directly to the International Director of the Head Office in ‘s-Gravenzande, The Netherlands;
- Main purpose is to obtain profit contribution by managing staff, establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
Summary of the function:
- Direct coordination and oversee activities of business, concerning the distribution, pricing and sales of products & services.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- Managing the budget by reviewing financial statements, sales reports, activity reports and other performance data and acting accordingly.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and company policy.
- Making recommendations on equipment and suggest areas of improvement based on daily practice.
- Working with the Industry's leading Horticultural products.
- Implement strategies to increase Market Share.
- Manage sales staff in consultation with the International Director.
Are you the suitable candidate, because you...
- have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent?
- have 5 to 10 years relevant work experience (managing organisations)?
- have knowledge of / experience with the Australian agricultural market is preferred?
- are Australian speaking, as well as an excellent knowledge of the English language?
- residency in Australia (Preference: Region Melbourne)?
- have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications?
- are experienced in managing a (sales) team.
- have well developed computer skills.
Skills: Strong Strategic leadership skills, Analytical, Good Communicator, General Management and People Management skills, Team builder, Hands On mentality, Pro-Active, Agricultural/horticultural knowledge (preferred).
Business and job-specific competences: customer-oriented approach, collaboration, performance motivation, group oriented leadership, networking, organisational sensitivity, commercial ability, result driven attitude and entrepreneurship.
Then we are looking for you!
- (In)formal work atmosphere in an International environment;
- Besides the prospect of permanent employment, we offer attractive working conditions which are in line with market practice;
- Opportunities to develop your own initiatives and to work independently within a team of committed and enthusiastic colleagues.
Workplace: Our branch in Braeside, Victoria, Region Melbourne, Australia.
Who are we?
Royal Brinkman, founded in 1885, is a supplier, consultant and installer for the professional greenhouse horticulture industry. We are now one of the world's most renowned and largest suppliers for covered crops with branches in Great Britain, Poland, France, Spain, Hungary, Turkey, Mexico, Australia and Morocco we are still growing.
By means of local branches or dealers, personal sales, our experts, and not least our professional web shops, we fully unburden our customers through customization. Royal Brinkman stands for digital communication with human language!
Would you like to learn more about Royal Brinkman? Check out our company video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRz2XbU5S0.
Are you interested?